Property Development Scheme
The Property Development Scheme (PDS), which has replaced the IRS and RES, allows the development of a mix of residences for sale to non citizens, citizens and members ofthe Mauritian Diaspora.
The PDS provides the following:
- The development ofluxurious residential units on freehold land of an extentof at least 0.4220 hectare(1 arpent) but notexceeding 21.105hectares (50 arpents).
- The development of at least six (6) residential properties of high standing;
- High quality public spaces that helps promote social interaction and a sense of community;
- High-class leisure, commercial amenities and facilities intended to enhance the residential units;
- Day-to-day management services to residents including security, maintenance, gardening, solid waste disposal and household services; and
- Social contribution in terms of social amenities, community development and other facilities for the benefit of the community.
A non-citizen is eligible for a residence permit upon the purchase of a villa under the PDS scheme when he has invested more than USD 500,000 or its equivalent in any freely convertible foreign currency.
The PDS is also a demarcation from the IRS and RES in as much as it does not differentiate between small and big landowners and harmonizes the registration duty to a single rate of 5% instead of USD 70,000 on registration of a deed under IRS and USD 25,000 under RES.
Please note that the communicated information on this site is not contractual. It is provided as a guideline only and does not engage in any way the responsibility of www.gwlproperty.com